Monday 11 October 2010

English Garden DYB and a motoring weekend

What a weekend for motor sport. I'm a V8 Fan, along with the Formula ones, Moto GP (big bikes) and the Speedway (bikes also).  This weekend we had all four on the telly. So Sunday I spent in my lounge chair watching Lowndes and Skaife win Bathurst 1000 in their Holden V8,(Bathurst took all day) and stitching Megs block.  In the evening hubby and I watched Mark Webber come second in the F1. Unfortunately the bikes didn't fair so well with the Aussies not making the top 8 in the speedway and Casey Stoner not even starting in the Moto GP.

But whilst all this was happening on the telly I was stitching. I finished my work on Meg's block.
So to start off, here is the whole block. This motif I have had for some time and when I opened up Megs package, I knew straight away it was going to be used here, the colours were just right. I added the pearl in the centre and the clear beads on the smaller flowers.

Trying to keep the theme of English garden flowers, I've added some woven roses in a deep Burgundy colour.  With a chevron seam and little same colour flowers on top.
On the opposite side of the motif I added a row of Cretan with some Hyacinth.
















These don't actually have a name, they just seem to fit here.
And you can't have a garden without a spider, so here he is with his white silver web.

TTFN
Arlene

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Perfectly perfect! And you're right, the motif fit great!