Tuesday 20 September 2011

Basically Beaded DYOB - my work on Susan's blocks

G'day,

Well I have been busy stitching, and so I have finished another Basically Beaded block.  Susan's blocks were an array of stunning colours like Carol's, so choosing again was hard, but I finally decided on the blues.
Here are all her naked blocks, the green one had already been stitched, so that left the two purples, a red, yellow and the blue one.

Here is my work on her blue block.
Followed by close ups of the main elements, first the button trail.

Next was a requested beetle, he turned out wonderfully, very happy with him.

 He has a variegated body, with detached buttonhole stitched wings, with added beads and sequins.

I hope Susan likes my block, I won't be sending it on until after the weekend as I want to show it off to a class I have on the weekend in Airlie Beach.

Arlene

4 comments:

Sharon said...

You must be a special magical person - I just love it...

Ritva said...

Wow! Wonderful!

Ritva

Ritva said...

Wow! Love it!

Ritva

crazyQstitcher said...

ininaLove your beetle.