Sunday 20 November 2011

Basically Beaded DYOB - my work on Katy's blocks

Well time is flying, I have so much to do between now and Christmas, I hope I can get it all done. One of my tasks was to complete my work on Katy's Basically Beaded DYO Blocks. I choose the one that was more maroon pink colour tonings, just cried out to be embellished with flowers.
Here is the full block followed by closeups of the the embellishments.

 I picked up this lovely waterlily beaded piece at our local Craft fair earlier this year, and though it would be perfect laid on the velvet.
 Beaded dragonfly with heart beads and pearl frosted tear drop beads
 Laid ribbon bow and fimo roses, in a stunning deep maroon colour.
Hand dyed rose lace motif, with three small beads for the flower centre.
Arlene

1 comment:

Marjolein said...

Lovely colors, well done!