Friday 19 April 2013

Southern Cross Crazy's 2012 Round robin finally finished.

Here is the last block I worked on, it was Faye's.  I had already done some work on it whilst I was on Norfolk Island, and used it as my teaching tool.  They Alison took it home and added her lovely work.  I then just needed to work around the beetle and send it on.  Here is my work - Silver worked beetle, hand dyed flower motif and the beaded flowers around the beetle, motif and crochet centre.
This is now how the block looks all finished, just stunning.
 
And now my block is home and finished too.  I chose the blue and white to challenge the ladies, and I think they did a great job.
keeping with my Christmas theme, I have another block exactly the same, so will embroider it during the year and have two to make into cushions.

Thank you to all the Southern Cross ladies who worked on my block, Alison, Faye, Pattie, Jennifer, Maureen G, and Maureen B and Linda.

Arlene

4 comments:

margaret said...

two beautiful blocks, such stunning stitchery

Suztats said...

Oh, just gorgeous! Thanks for the great eye candy.

Lorraine said...

I agree, two lovely blocks. Your silver beetle is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

they are so beautiful, you have such talent.