Wednesday 9 October 2013

App update and stitching catchup

Re the App.... Watch this space over the next two or three days, something exciting is about to happen....

In the mean time I have been catching up on some stitching...

DYOB Stumpwork: Susan's blocks
Can't remember what her theme was, but I gave the block a very "Australian' theme with the idea of the Kookaburra sit's in the ole gum tree.......

 One of my fibre friends gave me this Kookaburra button, and he was just perfect for the block.
Some more close-ups:
  

We have the Townsville Stitches and Craft Show up here last weekend, and whilst I was there manning our exhibits I got to finishing my block 4 of the Twelve days of Christmas. This first picture show's with the removable ornament, (which all blocks will have). 

 

 This is the Ornament removed from the block. A 3D 'Cally' Bird landing on a branch.
 Here is the block without the orny.
 Most of the braids, beads and embellishments came from one of the shops at the show, Zenozam.  They had so much stuff, just so cool. Make sure you visit their shop.  These lovely blue flowers were on their stand, they sold out of them.
 The flower beads above the bird was from their shop too.  Here is a close up of the 'Cally' Bird.


I have also finished a couple of our Fibres challenge pieces. Here is my iPad cover which was made from two 6 x 4 inch pieces of fabric.
This will eventually be one of the new projects in the first update of the app.
There were a few other items, but I forgot to take pictures of them.

Come back in a couple of days and there will be very exciting news and a giveaway, so click on the side to receive an email when I post.....

Arlene

No comments: