Thursday 13 November 2014

.... and so a new chapter in our lives is about to begin

Do you sometimes think that your life is a endless book, with mini chapters and long ones too. Some that have continued fragments from others. Well Michael and I are about to start another new chapter in our book. We're moving, but not just out of our house but we're off travelling our great country.

We have lived here in Townsville for the past 26 years, although I have often complained about the heat, we really didn't want to live anywhere else, but circumstances change, health mainly, so we will be leaving the Tropic's early next year to travel Australia for an undetermined length.  Michael's current employment with BAE will terminate on the 29th January, 2015 so from then, he will be an unemployed person for the first time in his adult life, I think secretly he's ready for the rest, he's worked hard and has been a loyal employee.

What's the plan, well, sell up and move, it's simple, right, yea, well kinda.  We have started the packing and cleaning of our home, decluttering and selling off anything that we didn't want to put into storage or take with us (which is going to be kept to a minimum).  Select a real estate agent and put both the house and the unit on the market.  The unit is now sold, waiting for the contract to become unconditional. The house has just gone on the market this week. The house at the moment is the cleanest it's ever been, with inspections from prospective buyers every day, it has to look 'smick'. I wonder if Rosey and Ally suspect their little world is going to be disrupted.  Son is also moving, to Brisbane, so Rosey and Ally will go to live with him.

What to pack, oh boy, parts of this has been easy, but my craft room has been the hardest to pack up. As I intend to continue working and improving on the App, to teach online and on our travels I obviously need 'stuff' to work with.  How do you plan for future projects when you just don't know what they are going to be.  I'm also restricted to just 70kg of 'stuff' which includes my sewing machine.

I think I have worked it out, but I know for sure I will be culling it more when the time comes to move out of the house.

So if you were given the opportunity to live in a caravan for a couple of years and were able to take some of your 'hobby' with you what would you take.  Would love to hear your comments.

Arlene

2 comments:

margaret said...

sounds like you are in for a great adventure, wonder where you will settle down after your travels. Yes my machine would be on the list and I think the felting machine too. Lots of fabric and threads and cutting mat, rotary cutter, templates the list is endless, think I would need a trailer to be towed along behind the caravan.Of course the lap top would be with me to blog to all my friends, yes looking forward to going on the adventure with you

Shirley said...

I have been fortunate to travel round australia twice and it is the most amazing experience..there is so much to see. You are going to have a wonderful time and meet so many lovely people. I was in the middle of an embroidery corresponence course, and had the same dilemmas as you . I was able to artfully pack all my needs into the area under one of the seats.
It is amazing what you can find in small towns where there are creative people.3216
Enjoy and have fun, and good luck with the packing.